OASC representative Anthony Paletta (third from right) and the psi team help raise money for OASC’s Northeast Ohio Chapter.
Since 1953, the Ohio Association of Student Councils (soon to be the Ohio Association of Student Leaders in January 2020) has been dedicated to the teaching of leadership skills, organizational skills, and people skills valuable to the members and officers of all student organizations in Ohio. The organization provides high-impact programming and events for students in grades 6 – 12. All school districts in Ohio can become members of OASC and send students to OASC events.
OASC Member Benefits Include:
- Statewide recognition and awards
- Diverse student networking
- Opportunities for statewide leadership positions
- Discounted event pricing for students
- Student empowerment and school unity
- Organization and advisor resources and support
- Community involvement and growth of servant leadership
Upcoming OASC events during the 2019-2020 school year include several events this fall: Leadership at the Point/Island (alternates each year), COSI Leadership Day, Middle Level Madness (an all-day Saturday event) and the Fall Retreat (a weekend in November), as well as the OASC State Conference in March and a week-long Summer Workshop Camp next summer.
- 91% of OASC students go on to college and career education.
- Last year, 1,300 students attended OASC’s Summer Workshop.
- 97% of Americans believe our students need “real world” skills to be successful beyond middle and high school . – “Leadership Conference Education Fund, National Survey on Common Core(2015)”
Click Here for more information about OASC.